Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Every Morning

I've been singing this song all this week, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness". And this line from a Petra song has also been in my mind. "Lord if You count our transgressions, who could stand? But thanks to Your grace, we are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb!"

So I finally looked up the scripture - Lamentations 3:22-24 - It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him".

It blows my mind that God loves me! I get so wrapped up in stuff in my life and then I let people and things get to me. But when I remember how He loves me -- all that other stuff fades away into so much insignificance. God loves us! He absolutely is head over heels in love with His children. One other scripture says that He twirls around in joy over how much He loves us. Amazing! Can you see God twirling in joy like a child over His love for us?

Who is like that? I know there are many other religions who look at someone they call 'god' differently, but does the god they believe in, twirl over them because of His great love? There is the difference among religions.

In religions, a person must do something to win favor from an entity that might accept what they do, and might not. The Christian (Christ-follower) realizes that there is nothing that we can do to gain eternal life or forgiveness of sins. It is a gift of our Heavenly Father Who gave His only Son to carry the load of our sin and guilt and sicknesses and griefs and sorrows. We could never do enough to make ourselves worthy of His love for us, but God has made us worthy through His Son. As we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness! (I John 1:9) Wow!

That's mercy! He is my portion - a fresh supply of mercy. It's what I need to have every morning. And because I get a new supply of it every day, God expects that I have enough to give out also. I won't run out, because He won't run out!

So, realize your cup is full of new mercy today - both to get and to give. And maybe do some of your own twirling around as you think about how much He loves you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home