Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Trucker's Wife

I received an e-mail from my sister yesterday. She travels with her husband quite a bit in their trucking business. She told the family about going over the Rockies in rain that turned to snow that turned to ice as they reached 11,000 feet! There were lots of trucks pulled over and she wondered why her husband didn't do the same when he told her that with the load they were pulling - i-beams for UNLV that they would only go backward and jackknife. So, all they could do was go forward, most of the time at only 20 miles per hour with alarms going on in their cabin about something - not brakes - thank God! There were lots of vehicles that didn't make it through, that were on the side of the road and they saw a few trucks that had jackknifed, but my sister and her husband made it through! It was so scary to hear about it, though.

So, if anyone reads this who is a trucker or a trucker's spouse, be safe. I pray for you when I'm driving on the highways myself. It's honest work and not easy and I'm constantly amazed at my brother, and my sister and brother-in-law who make their living doing this every day.

Have a great day and remember, we all need mercy every day, both to get and give!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home