Thursday, March 30, 2006

Aaron

Tuesday my second cousin, five-year old Aaron, underwent heart surgery. It was to be the last surgery of many that would help him to live with the congenital heart defects he was born with. Doctors were 75 to 85% sure that he would survive the surgery and it would improve his quality of life. After the surgery later in the evening, Aaron went home to be with Jesus.

It was a shock to all of us. He was always the center of attention with all the little cousins, of which there are many in our family. His smile lit up any room that he was in.

His parents are walking around, talking to people, taking phone calls. I think I'd be wiped out if this happened to me - in my bed with the door shut and blinds pulled and taking no visitors. Of course, none of us can know how we'd react in that situation and I never want to find out.

I'm glad we have the hope of Christ's resurrection. It's the only way I can imagine his parents are going to get through this.

I wrote "In Memory of Aaron" and gave it to his parents and my aunt (Aaron's grandmother). I didn't know what else to say to them, but it was what I was feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home