Thursday, June 15, 2006

Additions and Boots

I've added a couple of links in the past two days. I was perusing my church's Web site the other day and found my pastor's blog. Hopefully, he'll update it soon, but he's a pretty busy guy, so I wonder that he has any time to do anything else but be our pastor. I also noticed that the pictures there of him and his wife (Pastor Tammie) only partially resemble him these days. He has lost a LOT of weight - I've been calling him the 'disappearing pastor' because his skin suit keeps 'melting' away. Good job, Pastor!

Then I told my son about blogging and now he's just started his own blog, so being the doting mother that I am, I had to add his link too. Wow - he's good looking! I hope he will talk a lot about guitars and his favorite music. It should be interesting. Of course, if he doesn't also brag on my grandchildren, I'll be on him pretty tough.

Yesterday I visited a dispaly on our State Capitol's lawn called 'Eyes Wide Open.' It's a display of boots honoring every military person who has died in the war in Iraq, both from United States and other countries in the coalition. They also include shoes, sandals and slippers to signify some of the Iraqi civilians who have died as a result of the war. There are names on the boots of the soldiers and some family members have added pictures, notes and other remembrances. The hardest ones for me were pictures of those with their very young babies and children. No matter your feelings about the Iraqi war, seeing the young and hopeful faces of the soldiers and their families can't help but make a person realize (again) the price paid for freedom. Not only did that soldier sacrifice their life, but there are children who will grow up without the ongoing love and support of their parent. For each of those families represented, I pray that they will grow into the full potential and purpose that God has built into them in spite of their loss at a young age.

Remember to show mercy today! All of us need mercy, both to get and to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home