Friday, September 12, 2008

Granddaughter - AMS


Now that I've learned to put pictures in my blog, I thought I would begin to put in some of my favorites of our grandchildren. I'll use their initials rather than names since I don't have nick names for them. Their parents gave them beautiful names and I've always preferred their given names.

So, I'm starting with the oldest, she's nine, which is incredible for me to imagine. We were present at her birth, heard her first cry and got to hold her when she was just minutes old. HB and her other grandmother and I cried and jumped up and down when we heard her voice. We're still jumping up and down, we're very proud of her.

She is a very good student, her mom home-schools her. She reads everything and loves to write stories. She tends to lead rather than follow and she does it with caring, charm and a lot of humor.


Like most children, she likes to make funny faces and poses ....



If you need to buy a gift for someone, she's the one to take shopping with you. She always picks the right thing for each person. She loves to shop and knows what she wants and will not settle for less. I hope this is a trait that she keeps throughout her life. Knowing what she wants and not settling for less will help her make right choices. She takes acting lessons and is not afraid to stand before a crowd and recite, sing and dance. Recently she has learned to sew. She's made a dress, a handbag, doll clothes, and now is learning to quilt. She's something else!

This is her welcoming guests at her ninth birthday party. She had a luau theme complete with leis for each guest.


Did I mention she has a sense of humor? She's a lot of fun to be around. She's usually laughing and making those around her laugh too.

Here are a couple of the guests sunbathing....


Here she is with her other grandmother. We have known our daughter-in-law and her family since she was in middle school. Her mom was always at the sports and other events at school and we got to know her then. She's a great mom, grandmother, and person.



Finally, this is my favorite recent picture of her. She planted these sunflowers and I couldn't resist taking a picture of them. Her brother joined her not long after this in his underwear! I guess this was fortunate, because of late he has taken to going without any clothes, but I'll save him for last!



Well, those are just a few sides of our oldest grandchild. She is truly a joy to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home