Tuesday, September 09, 2008

September Evening


I haven't blogged in a very long while. I got a new digital camera early in the summer and have wanted to learn how to put pictures in my blog. So here is my first try. I thought I'd use some of the ones that I took when Penny and I went for a walk earlier this evening. It was a perfect night for walking. The first picture is of two of our willow trees. The one in the forefront was given to us by a former neighbor. We purchased the smaller one and it was just a small branch when we planted it about three years ago. I've already taken several cuttings off both of these and planted them elsewhere and those are also growing fast.


The corn is like a wall at the back of our property and I feel very small when I'm walking alongside. Pretty soon the farmers will be harvesting and all that will be left are corn husks and ears that will get thrown about from the equipment. It's pretty messy, but hey, it's the country!

I had to see what I could get close up, so here is my attempt at 'art'. Oh well....

As we were walking about the track several more times, I got some decent pictures of the sunset.

The corn looks like a black wall in front of the sun.


And of course, I can't finish off the pictures without including one of my walking companion, the faithful Penny. It's great now that I can mostly let her walk without having to hold onto her leash. I keep it on her just so I can step on it in case Mr. Rabbit runs across her path. If that were to happen the nose would take off and the body would follow! Here she is, I can't believe I actually got one of her face, usually, all I can get is her back end because she has her nose to the ground constantly. But she has also learned 'sit' and 'stay' pretty well, so that worked this time.

Such a sweet face.


So, I guess my first attempt at adding pictures wasn't so bad. Although, now a monster may have been born, because I have some great pictures of the grandchildren, and our July 4th cookout, Ashtabula vacation, church picnic, Labor Day picnic, oh and the downtown pictures. Yep, this is going to be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home